Many years ago a man approached JP Morgan, held up an envelope and said “Sir, in my hand I hold a guaranteed formula for success, which I will gladly sell to your $25,000”. “Sir,” JP Morgan replied, “I do not know what is in the envelope, however if you show me, and I like it, I give you my word as a gentleman that I will pay you what you ask.” The man agreed to the terms, and handed over the envelope. JP Morgan opened it and extracted a single sheet of paper. He gave it one look, a mere glance, and then handed the piece of paper back to the gent. And paid hi the agreed $25,000. Here’s what as written on that sheet of paper.
1. Every evening, write a list of the things that need to be done the following day and prioritise them in order of importance in terms of the results that you must deliver.
2. Do them in that order and life will reward you!
There are many versions of this story going around the corporate world. Whether it’s fact or fiction, I don’t know, all I know is that it works in real life. As you work through your list, you will feel more and more effective and powerful and you will bring discipline and organisation in to your life. You will feel more in control of your life. You will be naturally motivated and do even more. You will eventually become unstoppable! So go for it!
The Green Platform Partnership Programme
To embed the Green Platform tools in a team, I usually ask two Green Platform Partners to meet for 15 minutes every Friday. You Green Platform Partner will hold you accountable for achieving your goals, both “being” and “doing” goals. Here’s how it works and it has been delivering dramtic results in the companies and organisations I’ve worked with, over the years.
1. You have a set time to meet every Friday.
Then you have a short reflection around five questions related to The Green Platform Partnership Programme.
You reflect on how you got on, in the last weekend areas that you can improve on for the next week. What are the five questions:
1. Was I on the Green Platform this week? Did I slip off it? How did I get back on it? Did I help someone else back on it?
2. Was I aware of and working out of my 20% this week?
3. Was I working out of my strengths this week?
4. How are my Fiercly Important Goals (FIGs) implementation progressing? Did I consistently write out my Five Most Important Tasks every evening this week, priorities them and implement them first thing the following morning?
5. What progress am I making on my monthly Rock Goals?
From the feedback I’ve been getting over the years, this has been revolutionary in goal-achieving and keeping morale high in many companies and organisations. For more information about the Green Platform Partnership Programme, talk to us today!
Comments will be approved before showing up.